were in the atacama desertttt!!


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
August 3rd 2006
Published: August 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

helloooooooooooo, its lauren and polly finally getting a turn to write our own entrey!! lauren just quickly wanted to say thank you to everybody who has sent her birthday messages!! she really likes getting them and will ring you when shes home!! weve been in the atacama desert for 2 days now and its really amazing!! weve done a mini treck thing on the day we arrived and we saw so much salt that it looked like snow, it was really brilliant!! that was on the salt flats!! next day we split up in the morning: mum and dad went for a 19km bike ride (impressive!) to a lagoon like the dead sea where you just float on the water while the kids went horse riding! we had such a giggle it was so much fun, even though our horses kept going mad every now and then!! in the afternoon we went to see flamingos and they were just really beautiful!! we watched the sunset over the desert which was gorgeous!! today we have been for a hike which was mainly rock climbing and we went through a lake and got very wet feet! this afternoon lauren and mum are gonna chill out while polly, dad and marcus are going on another hike as practise for tomorrow!! theres this really long hike (all day actually) and mum cant do it because she has altitude sickness and lauren just doesnt really fancy it and would prefer to swim in the salt lake thingy! but were going up 5600m and were all dead excited!! and then the next amazing event will be laurens birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway, we cant stay, were gonna go for a swim i think!! lots of love to everyone!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb