Chili The North february 27- march 3 2011


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
March 6th 2011
Published: March 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Chili

The last days in Chili we spend in the North.

Calama
From San Pedro de Atacama to Calama is only one and a half hour by bus.
Calama is a miners city. It has some beautiful murals. Maybe here the miners come from who were trapped in a mine in the Atacama desert last year. We sleep in the Quitos hotel. It is far too expensive for us, but there is no choice, all hotels are occupied by miners. We can use some luxury though for one night.
At 5 pm Robin leaves for Europe. We bring him to the airport. It is a strange idea he goes back to the Netherlands, while we will continue some months still. We had a wonderful time together.

Arica
Arica is a city near the border with Peru in the very North of Chili. It has beaches but it is not very well developed. It is took one night by bus to come here. We have a nice hostel, called ´Sunny Days´. We take some rest here before we go on.
On our trip we have met a lot of travellers. The oldest was Lenny from Australia with her 76 years. We met her in Uganda. Here in the ´Sunny Days´ we meet the youngest traveller. Her name is Iris. She is 18, passed her exam last year of the secondary school and she comes from The Netherlands. She travels alone across Argentina, Chili and Peru.
Together with Iris we take a collectivo to Tacna in Peru.




Advertisement



8th March 2011

OOOO!!!!!
I'm jealours!!!

Tot: 0.38s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0743s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb