Chile - Santiago and La Serena


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
March 3rd 2007
Published: March 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

SantiagoSantiagoSantiago

Cool fountain, I think its in Santiago in Plaza de Italia
Not sure about the dates for this section, was early in March sometime...

We really did SFA in Chille. We visited the capital, Santiago, whitch is a pretty city with not really mutch to see or do. It was pretty damned hot the days we were there and we spent our time just walking around and having a stickynose. We climbed a big hill in the City whitch has a zoo and an old cable car thing and a big statue of the Virgin Mary at the top. It's pretty high up with a really good view of the poluted city. They actually hold Mass up there also whitch would have been interesting to see but was not happening while we were there.

We had a shite hostel for the first night but moved hostels later in the week to a great location, 5th floor of a building overlooking the main square, Plaza de Armas. Was good fun there...

In between the shite hostel and the second one, we jumped on a bus up the coast for a couple of hours to a beachside town, La Serena, for a coulpe of days. Was a nice little town
SantiagoSantiagoSantiago

Up the hill in Santiago overlooking the city...
but our hostel was a massive hike from the beach, through paddocks and back streets and dirt roads!! We celebrated our anniversary in La Serena with a bit of home cooked spaghetti bolognese, a bottle of red and, wait for it....Coopers!!! Stu and Gaz were absolutely beside themselves grinning from ear to ear. Spag bol, red wine and coopers, really reminded us of home, good comfort food.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

SantiagoSantiago
Santiago

Up the hill in Santiago overlooking the city... the little chapel up top.
La SerenaLa Serena
La Serena

The beach in La Serena, after a five km wakl!! Or was it a five km walk...
La SerenaLa Serena
La Serena

Gaz, feeling nostaelgic with his Coopers...hmmm whitch to drink first?
La SerenaLa Serena
La Serena

A happy man, Spag Bol and Coopers. On our anniversary, what more could a man want!
La SerenaLa Serena
La Serena

The happy couple! Our anniversary dinner
Back in SantiagoBack in Santiago
Back in Santiago

Yarnees enjoying some pre dinner goodies. This was at the better hostel after La Serena


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb