Sitting on the beach in South America, earning 6%


Advertisement
Published: April 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The title is a movie quote (combo of 2, actually. See if you can figure it out, bubbies.)

K- here´s a short entry. Still no photos to add, no cable that I can get to work. Soon though.

We took the plane from Anto at 10:50 this morning. First stopped at La Portada, hiked down the beach, cool pics (huge rock with hole in it, in the ocean) - fun times.

Took a transport to Vina, about 1.5 hours away. Barely kept awake, since going on 4-6 hours sleep each night. But this is our break-time, I don´t know anyone here, never been here before. We´ll spend tonight and tomorrow chilling on the beach, seeing some sites. Vina del Mar is a tourist town, nice boardwalks along the ocean, beaches, casinos, horse-drawn carriages, the works. Had lunch at the hotel (restaraunt famous for fish) Cap Ducal, it´s called. Justin had the Chilean (of course) Sea Bass. I had lamb. nice.

My brain is mush. Lack of sleep, etc. My spanish is faltering and my english going too. My train of thought wanders like, ummm, like something that wanders. For example, we were in the car, driving to Vina. Justin was sleeping, driver going on about something, but I was too tired to listen. Had light dinner night before, skipped breakfast and it was past lunch time. My sleep-deprived deadeye gaze caught the toll booth ahead. My mind wandered.... Toll. hmmmmm. Wonder how they say toll in spanish.. "TOLE", I guess. Toll booth. tollhouse. Tollhouse cookies. Man those would taste good right now. Nice warm tollhouse cookies. Warm socks would be nice too, my feet got wet at the beach. The beach where we got some shells. Wonder why the security at the airport wanted to inspect my bags. She said she saw a shell, then said it was okay. So why ask to inspect? Inspectar. Inspectiones. Before lapaz we´ll have to send back home some stuff. empty the bags. Don´t want to have to check in anything. Wonder if they have any tollhouse cookies in La Paz?

ok - Justin is on the computer next to me, emailing some friends. No doubt to see where his friends (girls) will be when he gets back. He´s still working on that "Chilean greeting " thing. ha. I´ll let him tell what we do tomorrow.

Sunday we´re off to bolivia, not sure how much internet we´ll find.

Goodnight.
Mark

Advertisement



14th April 2006

Hi Mark and Justin!! You're still staying busy! I'm jealous of all the good fish Justin is eating. You both should get some sleep. Keep up the info on here, the girls like to read it. Love, Mom

Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0844s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb