worst taxi driver ever


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Valparaíso Region » Valparaíso
January 18th 2015
Published: January 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today started out slow. We slept in and when I got up I wasn’t feeling right. I think something I ate did not agree with me. Shelly went down and got me a diet coke and we just skipped breakfast. At 1, we were going to go to Pablo’s house but Judith said it would be VERY busy today because the cruise ship was in so we just went back to the room and chilled until 2:30. We then walked down to the meeting place for the Tour for Tips, walking tour. There were about 30 people in the group. We learned a bit about the history of Chile and the graffiti. It was a fun tour but very slow. We broke off about half way thru as we were starved and found a great place to eat. Yes, we did tip the guide. After lunch we went back to the room for a minute and then headed to the “sunset bizarre” down at the pier. We thought this was going to be a short walk. It took forever. It was a lot further than we thought. We got there and it was dead, not much going on so we started back.



Then we caught the taxi. We showed him the card to where we wanted to go. He got behind every bus and stopped when they stopped and all the other lanes were free. We then got close to the turn off the main street and shelly told him to turn left and up the hill. He said no, he was going around… He then kept going…. He finally stopped and it was about the same distance as we were in the opposite direction and told us it was just up the hill but we said no. We even had a map and showed him. He kept trying to get us out of the car but we refused and just pointed to a place on the main and said take us there. He reluctantly did. We then started walking to the hotel but we just didn’t feel safe so we caught another cab that finished the drive. When we got back Judith said the first cabbie probably was trying to set us up to get robbed as where he was trying to get us out of the cab is one of the worst places to get robbed. Glad we made it back ok.



We had left over pizza for dinner and watched the Celebrity ship take sail. We’re heading to bed early as we have to leave for the bus station at 6:30 to take an early bus back to Santiago. We then have a tour picking us up at the bus station to go horse back riding in the Andes and then they will drop us at the airport after the tour. Then we fly home.



I’m looking forward to getting home, seeing my kitties, talking to my girls and getting back into life.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.7kb