Back in Santiago


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
August 29th 2012
Published: September 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Needless to say we slept relatively well through the night journey from Puerta Varas and after leaving our bags at left luggage at the bus station we decided to tackle the allusive hill that we failed on our second day in Chile. Again it presented more problems, after deciding to walk there (1 and a half hrs) the chair lift was not operating not letting this stop us we thought we’d put our glutes through a work out and trek up the ‘hill’ initially we went the wrong way up hill, through a mountain bike track, when we realised that we could get stranded in the middle of a mountain so we doubled back and took the correct route. We climbed for approximately an hr to the top in the blazing heat the hottest day we had in Chile dressed in layers and marinio. All in all another day of walking/climbing, it did however give me an insight into Amy’s fashion designs where she chose to wear her marino top with the arms tied around her neck as an halter neck…..a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!



That afternoon we met up with an old school friend of Rhi’s. We had a great afternoon with her family, went out for Chinese (very popular in Chile with sushi, who’d know!) and stayed the night at their house. A short taxi ride to the airport the next morning for our flight to Rio and the start of our adventures in Brazil…………..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb