bus journey through the andes


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
June 7th 2006
Published: June 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Me Nikki, jenny and rachel and the ozzie boys departed Pucon to make our way to Mendozza in Argentina via Santiago the day after the volcano climb. Jack bus company which was great as the bus waiter even tucked us in!! We arrived in Santiago at 7am and bought tickets to Mendozza straight away. Our bus left at 8am for Mendozza and after driving for 3 hours we got stopped as we had to wait for the Chile and Argentina armies to clear the snow from the andes. We jumped off the bus and our mates bow max dave and mickey were all stopped 2. After a 4 hour wait we find the roads can not be cleared and we have to drive all the way back to Santiago!!! Nigtmare!!! Typical south american disorganisation and no communication!!! However we all decide we would still rather that than be in work!! In Santiago me the other 7 check in a hostel and go off out for food and booze. We awake the next day and make our way to the bus station and find th road is open and we depart at 9am for Mendozza. However as the roads only got confirmed open at 9am all the earlier buses are late at leaving and the border crossing is going to be very busy. Our bus driver decides to drive like a mad man so we get to the border crossing before all the other buses! This bus journey is already like no other as we are driving through the mountains bascially a wee road has been made around the mountains and so we go round and round and up and up. The scenery is breath taking, amazing however our driver is driving so fast and over taking lorries when there is no room what so ever, I mean we are on the edge of a mountain. Madness!!!! We arrive at the top of the mountain where the border crossing is and the bus waiter comes around with a cup to collect money for the driver, as he has driven so fast that we get to the crossing early!!!! Madness, I would have given money for him 2 drive slowly!!! Also cause we are so high up our wine starts leaking through the air vents and we realise that as we are so high that it has blown up (it was a large carton) and it is totally blown up, Nikki´s crisps also blew up! We get through the border crossing and finally arrive in Mendozza!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb