Santiago, jetlag city


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
November 24th 2010
Published: January 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Vowing to return to Sydney one day and excited about South America we arrived in Santiago very, very, very jetlagged. The flight took 15 hours, but we arrived only 2 hours later and it was the most disoriented and tired that we'd felt from our journey so far (in fact in our lives!).

We spent a few days acclimatising at our funky hostel Don Santiago, a cool, welcoming place with a penchant for Jam sessions (singing, guitars, keyboards and bongos) and a pet guinea pig (NOT for eating! Guinea pig is a delicacy out this way!). It also held a BBQ evening where we ate stacks of beef washed down with Pisco Sours (South American Cocktail). We had a bit of a meat craving after Asia but a few days here sorted that out, red meat seems to be at the heart of most meals!

A trip to Chile wouldn't be complete with a trip to a vineyard. We chose Aquitinia who focused on quality over quantity. It was a beautiful vineyard with the Andes as their backdrop. We spent a couple of hours on a private tour, tasted a selection of wines and bought a bottle of red to enjoy at a later date.

We hadn't found that many touristy things to do in Santiago, probably down to jetlag laziness, but we did head up to the top of San Cristobel, a large hill you can either walk up or cheat and take the funicular (guess what we did), for a spectacular view over the vast city - its just so huge!

Love a very sleepy Jim and Carla
xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb