gringo in santiago


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
March 23rd 2006
Published: March 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The last few days, i have been taking it real easy, just going for coffee, lunches, and beers. btw, you can order a litre of beer in santiago for i think 1 or 2 aussie dollars? anyway this place is cheap, cheap! ciggs are like 3 bucks too. unbelivable place. i love chile, there{s not much to do in santiago but see museums, so thats what i did today- today I went into the city of Santiago with an Irish surfer, a french guy and a english girl, we started after a big breakfast from 11am to 8pm, thats 9 bloody hours! We travelled around the city all day by foot and saw pre columbian museums and atrtifacts and a really excentric house which was made by the guy based on the french film the postman and his wife matilda. Hes won all these nobel prizes for poetry and literature and he has made his house to look like a ship, all slanted with salt and pepper shakers that say mariguania and morphine, theres also a cupboard that opens into a secret section of the house specially built for his wife. Anyway, it was that cool it was worth a mention. I also caught the metro today which was exciting but it stunk so bad and we also caught a cabel car up the the top of the city to get some photo opportunities as well as walked up to this giant statue of a saint which was really nice bc people were singing and chanting in the backlground while we were walking towards the saint, it felt like a really special place. So at the end, my feet were hating me when I got back and I was so ready to pass out. But instead we went to the market and picked up food supplies and went back to the hostel and used the communal kitchen to make... tuna pasta!! then everyone in the hostel watched the goodfellas on one of those projectors in the courtyard outside.
Today, im heading south with a bunch of people to see Valdivia, santa cruz, waterfalls, gyzers and all that stuff. im going for seven days then coming back to santiago then heading north for another ten days.
Should be lots and lots of fun, im going to have bfast now.
more updates later, i promise the next one will be better, i know how sucky this one is.
deal with it.
deb

Advertisement



23rd March 2006

WOOOOOOOOOO
yo deb! tell us more about those travellers you're hanging with!! Any fun loving ones ?? Are you sharing a room with people or just in a private room?? You know i got La Casa Roja recommended from another person as well! must be a happening place! Whats the weather like at the moment??? So much fun to hear from you - keep them coming!!!!! Lirz
23rd March 2006

your little sister
wow it's like you're in a movie where.. lots of STUFF happens!! South America better be worth leaving me behind :( i wish i could be there with you deb, it really sounds amazing and beautiful. I miss my sister!!!!! but, it does sound like you're having a great time, so I shouldn't be selfish. Love you!!
24th March 2006

Deb im so jelouse!!
It sounds like your having a lot of fun...and meeting heaps of new people which is great!! I hope your taking heaps of pictures... Anyways keep having fun...and i promise to wrie you a longer email sometime this weekend. Love Livnat
27th March 2006

FUN FUN FUN
Hey Deb, WOW!!!! It sounds really amazing!!! And may I say you are a great writer...everytime i read your blog i can really imagine what its like. I hope you continue to enjoy every moment! Love you!!! ps: What sarah said! :)
28th March 2006

Hey, would you hand me some tips?
Hi, well I'm going to Santiago with a couple of friends on April 10th, and I was thinking maybe you could help me out. Any tips on the city, what the chileans look like, are they nice people, what bad things would you say about them.... Thanks a lot, appreciate it. Bye!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb