So what if they built a road and noone came?


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
December 23rd 2008
Published: December 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We reluctantly left Santa Rita this morning after a fantastic evening. We were treated like royalty and had a wonderful meal and great breakfast. It was truly a special place.

On the way there we had seen what looked like a new freeway, but there were no cars on it so we guessed it was closed. This morning we were directed to take it to go to Santiago. It was very strange as we were the only car on it and it was a 4 lane highway with a toll in the middle. Everythign was finished but no one was ussing it. We found out why as there was no place to go. /when it ended we had to go over the overpass and come back on it and drive back to where we got on as that was the only exit. Why? I have no idea. Maybe they ran out of money. The Toll both was staffed which was really odd and we had to pay going in each direction.

So now we are at Termas De Jahuel north of Santiago. It is an oasis in the middle of dry arid country. We are being pampered and spolit with a spa, 2 pools, hot tubs and all sort of activites. It is 32 degrees out so we are enjoying doing little and relaxing a lot.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb