Chile


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

after a delayed flight, we arrived in Santiago, Chile at 6pm. The time difference was soooooo confusing!! we had breakfast on the plane just before we landed because to us it was morning! but then when we stepped off the plane we realised it was actually evening!! weird!!
anyway, we got a taxi to our lovely hotel which ellies mum had put us up in for 4 nights!! Eileen (ellies mum) and john arrived an hour after us and we all went 4 a lovely meal!! i like being spoilt!! our hotel actually had towels that werent like drying yourself with a tissue!!! yesssssssss!!!! it was nice not to be sharing a room with 10 strangers for once!

our 1st proper day in santiago, we just wandered around the downtown area!! this city is possibly the busiest city i have ever been in!! there are 6 million ppl there! looking down the street, all you can see is a sea of black hair!!!
i treated myself to a swim in the pool which was on the top floor of the hotel with a stunning view of the whole city and the mountains!!! unfortunately, Santiago is very smoggy so think the views would have been better in the summer when there is less smog!

our 2nd day, we went on a tour to and around a vineyard called Concho Y Toro. we got to try 2 samples!

that night we met up with a friend of a friend from home who took us 2 a cute chillean restaurant and then 2 a club! we got to sample true chillean lifestyle which was cool!

after 4 days here we were ready to leave the city but not the hotel!! back to hostels again im afraid!!! and paying for our own food (but its very cheap so im not too bothered)

next stop, Peru.

P.S. i somehow deleted all my photos from chile and some of peru so i havent got any to show u!! sorry!!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.026s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0119s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1013.7kb