La Serena - Santiago


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
February 13th 2007
Published: February 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Left early to the bus Terminal and jumped onto the bus to Santiago (3 buses were heading to santigo all 10min apart from each other)

The 6 hour journey was very comfortable but due to limited seats I was forced to sit at the back. I had to hold my breath every time the loo door opened as the smell wasnt the greatest.

Arrived in Santiago at 3 and attempted to grab another bus to the area where the Hoastel was (La Case Roja - Recommended by everyone I had met on the way down) Couldnt work out what the hell was going on so went to grab the metro instead. The Santigo unbderground is really great, easy to use, clean and quick.

It was hard work trying to find the Hoastel and it was really hot. In fact I walked past it as least once without noticing it as their was no sign. Once finding it I discovered I really lovely and hugh colonial building. 2 floors all over looking large court yards (again) Lots of sitting rooms, large back garden with swimming pool. Plus finally a kitchen.

I went for a wonder in the centre. Santigo is really great the centre is nice with a nice mix of old large turn of the centuary buildings mixed in with very modern skyscrapers. The centre consists of 4 long pedestrian shopping areas crossing each other. These area full of small boutigues and average sized stores mixed in with hugh amounts of Fastfood oulets. Its quite complicated as these pedestrian areas have many and many small malls shooting off. Had dinner at 100% natural and had a lovely crepe filled with chicken, ham, mushrooms, sweetcorn, spinach and some sort of mushroom souce. Plus I had 2 banana and orange (freshley made) juices.

That evening I went out with some of my room mates for drinks. Started at a local in Barro Brazil but later made our way to Barro Belavista. There is a long strip of bars here. We found one and myself and Will (American) order some Piscos, which werent great as they were way to strong. Went back to the beers afterwards. The bar was quaint, a little expensive and there was a lady singing live on stage. She was mainly doing Shakira songs (shes very big out here) and she was really convincing. Abi and this german girl afterwards started screaming out for some Alanis Morraset (to tired to try and spell that correctly) songs, which the singer was only too happy to do. She was brilliant and note perfect, at some points I thought it was a recording of the real thing.

We headed back and went to sleep at 3ish (early for these parts)

Advertisement



16th February 2007

Blog
Just thought I'd comment that your blog is awesome.

Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 83; dbt: 0.1114s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb