Valparaiso, Vina Del Mar & Back to Santiago


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
April 7th 2012
Published: June 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I’d been keeping in touch with Holland and Denmark during my continuing journey through the Lake districts of Argentina and Chile and whilst Holland was on a tighter schedule and ahead of us in Mendoza I had arranged to meet Denmark in Valparaiso in a couple of days time. I booked into the Bella Vista hostel for 2 nights following a recommendation by the frenches and bumped into a Pete from the Navimag. He was also travelling through SA and was leaving the next day for the north part of Chile but was out for drinks in the evening so I tagged along. Barrio BELLAVISTA is a really cool part of Santiago that I hadn’t stayed in before with many restaurants and bars and also a shopping/dining area called Patio Bellavista which was great. We all met up in an Irish pub for food and then went on a bit of a pub crawl to some really cool bars with great music. After 2 days in Santiago It was bus time again with a short journey to the quirky and colourful Valparaio.

I had booked us in to the Hostel LicananTay for 4 nights with Denmark arriving the next day. Valparaiso really is a wonderful and quirky city it was great spending a day wandering around looking at all the art work and buildings (see pictures). It happened to be Easter at the time so we hunted for some eggs like you get back home but couldn’t find any unfortunately. The next day we headed back to Santiago and stayed in the La Chimba hostel which was great. There was a barbecue night we tried out a few more of the bars and nightclubs in Barrio Bellavista.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb