New acquaintances in Santiago


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Providencia
January 26th 2015
Published: January 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After a really good nights’ sleep in a very clean and quiet hostel I headed down for breakfast where I met a lady from Montreal who was doing a similar trip to me but starting in Chile and finishing in Argentina. In the past she had spent 3 weeks in Peru on archaeological digs. She had just arrived so I gave her a list of places that I’d found in Argentina which were worth visiting. I also met a girl in my dorm and we chatted for ages after us both discovering that Chilean plugs are the same as European plugs but not worldwide plugs and I came to the rescue with my European adaptor when her New York plug wouldn't work. It’s amazing how these days when two peoples’s laptops are dying through lack of battery – how the anxiety and panic provoked by this seemingly meaningless event ( which 20 years ago wouldn’t have even featured as a topic of conversation) can unite two people. The girl was from Colombia originally but had grown up in New York and she works as an air hostess for LAN airlines. She had only flown down to Santiago for 2 days on a cheap plane ticket given to her by her company.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb