Frozen in Chile....


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Providencia
June 17th 2007
Published: June 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Janey its cold here! Santiago is nestled underneath the snowcapped Andes, and it really is a lovely city. We found it clean, and very safe to get around. Partywise, its not as great as Rio or BA, but of course they have a national drink, the pisco sours.. yumm. I'm not sure what the alcohol is but they mix it with lemon, and they are the business, slightly margarita-esq. We found it pretty difficult language wise here, our spanish is pretty brutal, and the level of english spoken here is low. So, meal times were fun.. a lot of pointing, nervous waiting and then surprises always appeared from the kitchen. I did manage to find mahi mahi on the menu one night... hee hee, and it was good! Flipper is soo cute, but he tastes great, especially with a coconut sauce!

We travelled for just an hour and a half, and were at the other side of the country, in a town called Valpopariso. Its pretty big, built into 44 hills.. so a bit like Positano (Italy), only a lot bigger. Its full of old cobbled streets, lined with small artist studios, and coffee shops .. great for a cup of hot chocolate when its bleddy freezing outside!

Of course, we visited lots of vineyards. There are plenty on the way from Santiago to the coast, especially around a town called Casablanca. White wine is really good here, and we sampled a good few bottles to make sure!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Dee found a new manDee found a new man
Dee found a new man

hes a bit of a stiff though!


3rd July 2007

we may have to hurt you when you get hme
so glad there was none of this stuff when i did aussie, all you would have got was loads of pics of me in a heap on the floor drunk. good to see that the whole "once you get some-one away from castledermot, break into a run and stay going". not jealous, enjoy the time away.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb