Last leg of our journey....


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Providencia
January 8th 2007
Published: January 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As all guidebooks say Chilie is very European and a really pretty city to walk around, the small shop fronts and sidewalk kiosks giving it away as not actually being in Europe! It was a complete revelation to be in a country where bananas are not a coveted good, need not be guarded at all times and do not cost a fortune, in fact I think all my fruit came to the grand total of 20p.
One of Santiago's parks has the most wonderful pool over set with waterfalls, whose spray lightly hits you and is a great reprieve from the overwhelming heat! However, you would not believe how many couples there are to be seen all over the place.......

Managed then to order and buy sushi, which for someone with a hangover, severe jet lag and no understanding of Spanish is pretty impressive! Went for dinner with Irene later, where we were treated like royalty but as we went to pay with credit card were asked "Would you like to pay the tip on the card or with cash", nothing in life's for free!

After dinner we went to bed at 11pm Monday and only woke up 6pm Tuesday, and the only reason we actually got up was the necessity of booking flights/ hostels etc! Due to this Irene decided to come to Lima , and then we couldn't sleep for love nor money so spent the whole night sitting up with Mike and Richie, two Irish guys, listening to their stories, one of which you really have never heard the like!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb