Puerto Montt


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos » Puerto Montt
January 29th 2010
Published: January 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Puerto Montt seems to be the centre of a lot. Cruises around the cape. People going to Patagonia and Chiloe. Sunday was a quiet day. Could not bike. Shops apart from the Malls were closed. In the Malls they served good capuccino and torta so it felt like a Brabant sunday in Puerto Montt. After almost a day I found one libreria where they sold books. And it is strange if you find a book in an other language than Espanol. The Chileans do not seem to read a lot. Also papers are mostly the local lightweight free news and little ´real´papers. Lots of free walking dogs in the place. It doesn´t look too good but the locals do not matter and most of them have a sleepy character. Angelmo was nice to vist although every shop had almost the same articles to sell. A good place for internet and at the end of the road was the best part. A lot of fish restaurants with fresh seafood. Nice little rooms and everything smells.........fish.

On monday I still had to find my wheel. 28" was not the normal size the bike repairman tried to explain to me and 36 spokes was different to the 32 which he had. And this was the best shop for material I had seen in 1200km. So only the cassette could be used. It would be ready in the afternoon. I was hopefull and went searching for some material to pack the bike for the flight. So I visited some ´ferreteria´s´but a box close to the size the bicycle was difficult to find. The cruiseship Amsterdam was docking for a day in the bay of Puerto Montt and the vessels which take the people to the city had Dutch flags. Rabobank was also present in the centre of the place. It was summersale, easy to buy a lot, but difficult to transport with all the kilo´s already from the bicycle. At five o´clock the wheel would be ok but it was not. The man would not finish it so I had to come back another day. Back to Hospedaje Vista Hermoso where Patricia had again a warm welcome for me. Nice Chileans in the hostal who were visiting the Lagos area and Chiloe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb