It's nothing that a few thousand dollars can't fix.


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos » Chiloé Island
December 2nd 2005
Published: December 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Chonchi ChurchChonchi ChurchChonchi Church

This tower was blown over in 1999, but has been rebuilt.
We have a plan!!!!

We've booked with a company called Antares Patagonia for a 10 day "Adventure Patagonia" tour through Torres Del Paine which starts on 24th December, and allows us to spend Christmas Day hiking right up to the base of the mountains with Christmas Dinner nestled in a Refugio, we spend New Years Day camped beside a lake on our second day of sea kaykaing and I believe we'll spend the first day of the new year kayaking amongst ice bergs rather than nursing a hangover.

Throw in a bit of a glacier hike and it's gonna be fun and all for the price of ... well I did say we needed to mortgage the house and sell the dogs. It wasn't cheap!

So this gives us a target. We've now got less than 20 days to get back to Puerto Montt, ditch the bikes, get some backpacks, book and travel on a ferry to Chaiten, travel on down the Carretera Austral by bus, get to El Calafate and maybe El Chalten, then do the long haul down to Ushuai so we can spend 3 or 4 days down there before returning to Puerta Arenas on the 23rd of December for our tour the next day... It's gonna be tight but fun.

We've also booked our passage back up on Navimags 4 night / 3 day ferry trip from Puerta Natales to Puerto Montt from the 6th of January, from where well hopefully just pick up our gear, catch the bus back to Santiago and (if we can change our flights) be home by Mid January-ish.

In short it's been a busy day on the internet, and a heavy day on the wallet.

Puerto Montt tomorrow.

Advertisement



4th December 2005

La Snazzlar
hello just a quick note to tell christie that jazzy got her big kiss and sends a massive sloppy lick back!!!!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb