Pisco Elqui / La Sorena / Paddy’s Day!


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Coquimbo Region » Pisco Elqui
April 17th 2011
Published: April 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was supposed to be different, but in the end it was alright anyway! After Santiago, we ended up spending just a couple of days in Pisco Elqui. As the name suggests it is famous for its Pisco production and distilleries - Pisco being a (tasty) Chilean grape brandy. The town is also known for its clearest skies and spectacular nights with millions of stars. Unfortunately for us it was too cloudy to see the best of the night sky while we stayed there, but of course on the day we left it was cloudless! Oh well. We still enjoyed our time seeing the pretty town, the distillery, and sampling some of the local produce. We even had a home cooked meal at some random house close to our hostel.

As things turned out, we left Pisco Elqui on March 17th. So St. Patrick’s Day was a little different for us than usual. Instead of ducking out of work early and heading to The Four Green Fields for the mandatory mass-consumption of Guinness; we had Pisco for lunch and jumped on our bus to La Sorena where we were connecting to Iquique, in Northern Chile. We still had about 3 hours to burn in La Sorena, so we did a mini pub crawl there and got our bus at 7pm.

Luck of the Irish all right!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

In the absence of Guinness...In the absence of Guinness...
In the absence of Guinness...

I'll drink beer, I suppose!
Us and the random chatty Chilean guyUs and the random chatty Chilean guy
Us and the random chatty Chilean guy

We had a good chat with this guy...all in Spanish. We were quite chuffed!


20th May 2011
Us and the random chatty Chilean guy

Loving the blog!!!
Hey guys...we were just updating ourselves on your progress...totally in awe at all you'v done and seen. Can't believe you guys are still at it. Love the pics, looks like you two are having a fantastic time...we are totally jealous. Stay safe...can't wait to see you guys when you get back!!!! need to plan a trip (although you'll probably be tripped out). anyways, we look forward to updates on the blog. have fun!!!
6th June 2011

Simon & Caitlin
Hi guys, Great to hear from you. Looking forward to catching up with you both soon! X O

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb