La Serena


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Coquimbo Region » La Serena
November 29th 2010
Published: November 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a 6 hours bus ride we finally arrived at La Serena. It is a beautiful town with a Spanish feel to it. Plain color houses and businesses are part of streets that seem to have no end with tons of people going places. The Plaza de Armas is a beautiful place just to sit down and enjoy a sunny day with a cool breeze. We also visited La Recova (marketplace) where we saw numerous artisan souvenirs and where Lucy wanted to buy a basket. I stopped her before it was too late, haha. We then tried to visit the Japanese garden but it was closed. From the outside wall it looked beautiful and we´re definietly dissapointed that we missed it. At the end of the day we went over to the beach. As soon as you arrive the castle-looking lighthouse dominates the scene until you turn to the beach and can see as far as the next city over, Coquimbo. The beach seems to never end. Being spring time, the beach was almost empty so we were able to enjoy it with no one bothering us except for a stray dog Lucy named Fluffy that wanted to stay by our side.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb