The beach at last!


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Coquimbo Region » La Serena
January 16th 2007
Published: January 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

La serena is a town that has it all. a beach, a shopping centre, a mcdonalds, a laundry and lots of sunshine. we shopped, we drank, i got sunburned and im not ashamed to say we had a mcdonalds and it was bloody good. then we went to santiago.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

La Serena main SquareLa Serena main Square
La Serena main Square

Not the best photo of the main square but we've got one of just about every town we've been to, seems wrong not to have one.
Bell towerBell tower
Bell tower

Just liked the bell tower on this church the rests not that interesting.
Shoping Centre!Shoping Centre!
Shoping Centre!

We go to worship at the temple of capitalism. There's been no decent shops scince Peru.
I am smoking a fag!I am smoking a fag!
I am smoking a fag!

Jo taking it easy at our hotel.
DuuuhhhDuuuhhh
Duuuhhh

Claire catches me unawares as I suffer from the cold she gave me in the heat of our hotel room.
Beach 1Beach 1
Beach 1

well you get the point.
Me at the beach Me at the beach
Me at the beach

I really hate that hat but i'm too tight to buy a better one.
Claire at the beach Claire at the beach
Claire at the beach

Claire looks happy now but when we got back to the hotel she realised she'd burnt her self really bad. A burnt belly button is a sight to behold.
Leafy avenueLeafy avenue
Leafy avenue

Several of these lead from town down to the beach.
TsunamiTsunami
Tsunami

These helpful warning signs appear about a mile inland from the beach. They don't seem to warn you about this at the beach think they consider you'll be dead and can't sue them for not warning you. The next sign, wich we never got a photo of, gives the sage advice to run in the opposite direction from the sea.


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0794s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb