FINALLY HEAR!!!!!


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Biobío
August 23rd 2007
Published: August 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hola hola!!
wow do i have lots to say after FINALLY ARRIVING!! Its really funny how things work out.. After several frustrating hours of delays in both the minneapolis and chicago airports, a missed flight to santiago, and many choice words with the ridiculous american airlines workers in miami, we found ourselves swimming in an outdoor pool and eatting pizza at 3:00 in the morning at a fairly nice hotel in miami. Although we were all very upset about our delay it did give us a day to spend at Miami beach!! OMG WAS IT WONDERFUL!! The water was soo warm and it was a very wonderful surprise! Four days ago I would have never imagined I would be swimming on miami beach before i even got to Chile!!
Our plane ride to santiago was also far from boring!! we each had a tv in the back of the seat infront of us! AND.... when they came around with drinks there was free beer and wine!!! needless to say that flight went quickly! As we got off the flight in concepcion Luke was immediatly hugged by his family.. thats when i started to get nervous!! we went down to collect our luggage and there was a glass wall seperating us from a large crowd of chileans.. yes our families! One of the girls described it well as we waited for our luggage to come around.. we were like puppies in a cage and they were picking out the ones the hoped they got! So nearly immediatly as i stepped into the crowd i met my ´mama´ i talked to her for only a few minutes before another woman came up and claimed be as hers. The two women argueed in very rapid spanish before I was taken away by the second woman. To this moment i still have no idea what happened there!!
I got lucky with my location!!!!!! ONLY 4 BLOCKS FROM CAMPUS! yes that means i can sleep in more 😊 I love my family but it was SOO difficult to communicate the first day. I live on the 4th floor of an apartment and I had to drag my EXTREMELLY heavy luggage the entire way! The house doesnt have heat with sucks if i may say so cuz its FREEZING! Day two was MUCH better then day one. I got up and went over to the school to meet my group for the first time since our parting, thank god i found it all ok! we dont have hot water in the morning so i attempted to fix my hair in the sink.. although it started pouring so it didnt really matter. We had several hours during the day to walk around.. did we ever get lost trying to find this gyro place!! we did find it thou after traveling i think every block in the city! Molly broke her sandel which was hilarious sucked for her(especially when she unsuccessfully tried to tape it to her shoe while she looked for new ones). I bought a cell phone and it only cost $29 so i was very pleased!
We met our chilean buddies at 3:30 and they were hilarious! They all understand english very well and are extremelly fun to talk to! We walked around campus and then all talked for like an hour before deciding to go for drinks.(at 6:00??!!) Drinking is very different here because they dont drink to get drunk.. its very social. We each put in about 1000 pesos (less then $2) and we bought like a million liters of beer to share!! SUPER CHEAP if i may say so!!! i learned a ton of words during this time and tried to write them all down so i could remember in the future! After this I walked home for dinner and UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING my family was saying!!!!! Its really amazing what a few drinks can do! Tonight was amazing cuz i really got to talk with my new famillia! Cant wait to see where this crazy trip takes me next!!!
HASTA LUEGO!!

ang

Advertisement



25th August 2007

Sounds Fun
That sounds so amazing what you are going through this is a life experience for ya!!!!! and i hope your enjoying it!!!! im so glad to hear from ya and hear the part of these stories before ya got cut out.... :-( but yea im sure ill tty soon everyone misses yea of course!!!!! just saw jared nate and nick tonight!!!!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb