Chile


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Arica & Parinacota » Arica
January 27th 2008
Published: January 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

we came down from puno on the night bus, took 9hours and we slept alot of the way, we got into tacna, southern peru, and walked out of the bus station to get a taxi to the train and pulled a taxi over asked to go to the train station, he said he understood, agreed on price got in and he took us to his mates at the collectivo station which we didnt realise got out paid him while being hasselled by his mates walked inside realised it was not the train station and was totally unimpressed. i couldnt not have been more pissed off espec since it cost us 5soles. but managedf to get a collectivo for 12soles into chile and could not have been faster or easier to get here. we then decided to walk from the bus station to the hostel didnt look too far on the map, but with bags and the frist bit of heat we had come across was a slightly uncomfortable walk but got there fine and got a room, except we had no idea what the lady said to us and she had no idea what we said to her but never mind got the room, for 6quid though prices are going up!!! we then walked to this minging beach covered in feathers and a shit load of plastic, but sat there for quite a few hours, just sunning ourselves even though i still cant get my back out after it sunburt on the boat to the sun island. Still was nice, we then walked into town, saw these bands playing in the park which was pretty cool but it seemed fairly empty until we turned up this one street and everyone was there so we walked along it a bit, a few people were dressed up weirdly, didnt really understand what was going on then found a market walked through there, and sat on the otherside, and this hugh carnival parrade started up, we had managed to stumble into their festival of the sun, the costumes and colours were amazing and the dancing started at like 2 in the afternoon and didnt stop until late, it was properly like the carnivals u see on TV, we then went back to our room for a few hours, heat and dehydration took its toll a lil, went and sorted out our bus tickets to get to copaipo, i brought the nice pastry thing off a stall and cant wait to buy another one, and walked back into town had dinner, which was pizza but not your normal british pizza it was like a cooked base, with fresh tomatoes then the ingredients of the pizzas we ordered and then this werid cheese stuff and carried o watching the dancing until like 9.45 when we thought it would be a good idea to go back just incase we would get locked out of our hostel, hostel prat.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb