Preparing to climb the volcano


Advertisement
Published: May 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Chile


In pucon awaiting to climb the volcano. The weather is 2 bad and so they wont let us climb it yet, but hope hope hope that maybe we will be able 2 climb in a few days. U cant even see the volcano at the moment so who knows if we will be able to climb. Last night we went 2 the hot springs (me nikki, jenny and rachel) which were amazing. Natural hot springs!!! We stocked ourselves up with the our wine and off we went. The weather is pretty cold in the evenings here and so it was soo cool to be outside in a bikini and then straight in a hot spring!! Obviously u r not meant to be drinking but as there is no one to patrol the springs, every single backpacker came along with a few bottles of wine and ended up quite drunk!!! It even rained for a bit when we were in the springs which was even cooler!!! Today we are off to the pub to watch the football and kick off is 2.30 our time so who knows what might happen today!!! We got a deal on a cabana here which is like our own wee mini house with two bedrooms and a kitchen and a dining area!! Which we are really excited about until it started raining and 1am this morning and there was a leak in the ceiling and poor rachel had to sleep on the sofa!!! We moved cabanas today and so far no more leaks!!! Also bought a really cool bright hat which u can see on my photos soon and for some reason all the locals keep noticing and remarking about and a wee laugh!!!! I have no idea why!!! Weird!!! They do stare at us in many places in a weird way, especially the children!!! Who knows why??!!! The other day in el bolson three girls had a massive whisper and giggle about me, of course as my spanish is rubbish I just had to glare and wonder!!! Often on bus journeys the kids spent the whole 9 hours staring at us!!!! Weird or what!!!! Chile is not different to Argentina, I have already been followed by about 4 dogs and its so funny if a new dog trys to follow u, the original one gives him evils until he goes away, like he has ownership over u!!! The dogs though are all totally harmless, they just seem to be everywhere and the most friendliest dogs ever. However one yesterday did the weird thing as normal and started chasing a car and barking and banged into me totally scaring me aaarrrgghhh!!!!! Spent a few hours looking for an argentina girls top and realised that the reason they dont have any is that I am in Chile, doh!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb