Lake district region


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Araucanía » Pucón
August 2nd 2007
Published: August 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After Santiago was another long over night bus journey of 10 hours to Pucon which is the start of Chiles own Lake District region which we were looking forward to as it looks amazing.

As we got of the bus, we were both very glad that we bought the coats as there was a freezing wind blowing. We soon forgot about the wind as we took in the views of the town, Beautiful snowy volcanic peaks and with one of them with steam rising from the top of it as it’s still active!

We walked to our hostel and were in luck we were the only ones staying there for the first few nights and the place was gorgeous. We were staying in our own wooden house which is best described as a Swiss style lodge. We made ourselves at home taking advantage of cable TV and free internet whilst warming ourselves up around the log fire. Becase the place had a decent kitchen we also cooked for the first time in ages and it was great to have some home cooked food and even got to have a fry up with pork sausages, pure bliss!

Whilst in
PuconPuconPucon

Small eruption!
Pucon we did a few trips. First one to Huerquehue national park, most of the park was closed because of snow up to 1 meter deep so we only explored a small part seeing great scenery from waterfalls to pretty lakes. Due to it being winter we had the place to ourselves and didn’t see another sole it was perfect and our new coats kept us nice and warm!

The second trip was to Termas Los Pozones some great hot springs. There were 6 natural stone pools which have been renovated to look very nice and posh and the place had a spa feel to it. We had a great time relaxing in the various pools and spent most of our time in the hottest about 45 c, a bit too hot for me but with it freezing outside I coped! We spent nearly 5 hours there and left all relaxed and shrivelled like prunes!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Fire Warning!Fire Warning!
Fire Warning!

I think we should be safe with all the snow!
Huerquehue National ParkHuerquehue National Park
Huerquehue National Park

Lets hope theres not a toilet at the top!
Another Hot Spring!Another Hot Spring!
Another Hot Spring!

MMmmm pure bliss!


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb