Social Classes in Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What disparity exists between social classes in this country? Does the country do anything to support the poor?



Brazil has been having inequality between the social classes for a long time. The government had tried to fix this disparity in inequality through many government policies, but that did not change anything much. In Brazil, about one-fifth of the country is suffering through extreme poverty, which is 32 million people. Distant socioeconomic started to live, work, and get around differently. That is the form of discrimination. The rich would live in nice houses within a particular neighborhood, go shop in malls, ride or drive a car, and go to private schools. On the other hand, the poor would live in project houses or in favelas, shop in small supermarket or store, take long bus or train rides to work, and wither goes to a public school or drop out. The difference between these social classes are so big that the higher class and middle class practically ignores the lower classes. Brazil never had much of middle classes; it was either people with a lot of money or people with no money during the nineteenth century. The lack of effective government and class action causes the poor to not get much help, but go see the protection of patrons. Around the twentieth century, the middle classes started to grow more and more, starting to out number the numerous riches and poors steadily.

http://countrystudies.us/brazil/30.htm



In Brazil, there is a big difference within the social classes. During 1995, there were some people with high average per capita incomes, such as US 4,086, causing some deep inequality. The government had noticed this, and tried to change it. However, even though there were many policies aiming for quality within the country, it never really happen. Then during the twentieth century, the social classes started to become more equal, with an increase in middle classes and a decrease in high and low classes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb