The amazing Iguazu Falls!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
March 4th 2012
Published: March 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We spent 3 days on the Brazilian side of the falls, Foz do Iguazu. Most people stay 1-2 nights but we have a bit more time as we´re waiting to catch a flight! Foz do Iguazu is home to our favourite hostel yet, Bambu hostel, very highly recommended! The hostel is fairly small but has a large living room area and a really nice pool and bar outside. Its also been the best hostel in terms of the social side; Foz is pretty small and doesn´t seem to have many places to go out, so the free caipirinha every day at the hostel at 7 brings everyone out to the bar & we got to know so many people. Bambu is also very close to a huge supermarket and the main bus stop.

We arrived at the hostel around midday after a 20 hour journey from Paraty! This involved one 5 hour bus in the day and a 15 hour overnight bus which was comfortable enough! The seats go back pretty far so we slept well. We spent the first evening getting to know the group of people staying at the hostel that night, we all drank a few caipirinhas then went for dinner round the corner. I think we ended up drinking until about 3 so getting up the next morning to visit the falls was always going to be difficult!

The next morning we missed breakfast as we slept until 11ish! We finally made it to the Brazilian side of the falls around 13.30 & luckily the Brazilian side only takes a few hours so we didn´t miss out on anything. There is one main trail to follow and straight away we were stuck by how huuuge the falls are! As you keep walking you make it to the main part; the ´Devils throat´ (where many waterfalls drop at the same place). There´s a walkway over the water so you can get pretty close (although not too wet, we didnt need our rain macs). It was just amazing! In my opinion, everyone should see it at some point in their life!!

We heard from others that the Argentinian side is better, we can´t imagine how it can be much better than what we saw but we´re so excited to find out (we go tomorrow!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb