Day 38: Drive to Bonito


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
June 5th 2011
Published: June 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we had news that our truck and a new driver were going to be returning to our hostel! At 11.30am this actualy happened! We'v got a new driver called Eddie. He's pretty cool but we're al missing Stu! Its like one of us just left the trip! But even so, it was great seeing our truck again and getting hope that we could avctually continue the rest of our trip. So we spent the morning just hanging out at the hostel and got made an awesome lunch with surprise surprise steak..and chicken this time! So we filled up cos we had a lot of driving ahead of us to get to Bonito and the plan was to just drive until Eddie needed to stop.

So off we went at about 12.30. The drive was pretty good and we stopped at about 7pm for the cooking group to whip up some 2 min noodles for dinner.

Then at about 10pm the drive started getting crazy and eddie was really having trouble seeing where he was going and we hit one massive speed bump that he didnt see at all and we literally flw. One girl went flying over top the seat and landed on the one in front and got carpet burn on her chin, everyone hit their heads or some part of their body on something hard and one girl smashed her head on the ground and thought she had concussion!! It was horrible!! So we drove pretty slow from then on and stopped at about 1am to set up camp in the most random disgusting turck park ever!! A disco was going on till about 5am just near our tents and we were squeezed in between rusty parts of old trucks! It was bleugh and we all didn't have very good sleeps at all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb