Brazil - Rio and Sao Paulo


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
April 24th 2005
Published: April 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Flight path JFK -> SAO -> RIO -> SAO -> NYC


Brazil..


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Ginormous LiliesGinormous Lilies
Ginormous Lilies

These are the giant lilies found in the botanical garden in Rio
ApadorApador
Apador

Christoff: The view of the beach in Apador was lovey at dusk.
View form Hotel window at nightView form Hotel window at night
View form Hotel window at night

The night time view from our window of our hotel in Centro Sao Paulo.
Rattle can artworkRattle can artwork
Rattle can artwork

Rio is known for having some of the greatest graffiti artists in the world. Here is just one example of excellent rattle can art work on the side of a favela that faces the botanical garden.
A room with a viewA room with a view
A room with a view

Daytime view through the windows of our hotel in Centro Sao Paulo.
Rattle can Sao Paulo China TownRattle can Sao Paulo China Town
Rattle can Sao Paulo China Town

Rattle can artwork found in Sao Paulo China Town was also some of the finest in all of Brazil.
Rattle can Japan TownRattle can Japan Town
Rattle can Japan Town

This piece was found while traversing the bowels of Sao Paulo’s Japan Town.
Rattle can Japan TownRattle can Japan Town
Rattle can Japan Town

Brazil host the largest population of Japan decedents and nationals out side of Japan. The current estimates are between 2.8 to 3 million persons of Japanese organ. The resulting influences of the Japanese populations can be seen in the various tributes to Japanese culture and shintoism.
Buddhist ShrineBuddhist Shrine
Buddhist Shrine

Religious and cultural influences of the Chinese population in Brazil can also be found with relative ease such as this Buddhist shrine.
Station in LuzStation in Luz
Station in Luz

At the intersection of Rua Duque de Caxias and Rua Mauá is the Estação Júlio Prestes, built between 1926 and 1937 and drawing on late nineteenth-century French and Italian architectural forms. The building’s most beautiful features are its large stained-glass windows, which depict the role of the train in the expansion of the Brazilian economy in the early twentieth century. Although part of the building still serves as a train station for suburban services, its Great Hall was transformed in the late 1990s into the Sala São Paulo, a 1500-seat concert hall – home of the world-class Orquestra Sinfônica de Estado de São Paulo, and centrepiece of the Complexo Cultural Júlio Prestes (tel 011/223-5199)


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb