many beaches and not enough time


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
February 21st 2005
Published: February 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

we have had many more adventures since our last entry it is always tough to remember them when we sit down to write again.

as predicted in the last email sun did come our way and we spent a beautiful day on a beach called itacarezinho. it was a glorious beach with tropical rain-forest hills sliding in aqua-marine (as in the crayon color) oceans. this was a part of the brazil cost that has not met with the burdens of tourism yet as we had to share the three mile stretch of beach with about 15 other people. it was quite an adventure just to get to the beach as we had to get on a bus with our surf boards and jump off at km 15 then walk down a dirt road for about a mile before running into the white sands of the of brazil´s finest. our second day of surfing was met with a greater sense of accomplishment as both of us were able to catch many a wave and actually stand up on the board, just like a real surfer. we are now considering focusing the rest of our trip around the best surf locations!!

after itacare we jumped a bus to morrow de sao paulo. this met a 9 hour bus ride arriving into valença at 8pm them bataring with a boat captian to take us the next 2 hours on water to morro. the boat ride was a maurding 2 hour journey lit by a clear moon, mangroves further then the eye could see, and stars aplenty. we finally arrived in morro at about 11 pm then had to find our digs which finally happened at about 1:30 with a local tout (guys who ask you as you walk by....POUSADA???). we slept hard and awoke to a beautiful island setting of sand streets, bright clear waters, beaches everywhere. we spent the next 3 days in morro snorkling, sleeping on the beach, walking the island, and meeting new people from countries spanning the globe. during our trip we were lucky to have one of the finest meals we had to date. it was a little restaurant called ´´N bar´´. it was on a beach by itself with dim lighting and sweet music, and a paper menu that looked like it was handwritten that day. we ordered filet mignon that was the best stake I have ever tasted. after drinks, incredible food our bill for this island experience was 18$. it almost seems like a crime to eat like that for such little cost!!

today we traveled to salvador which is a historic city in the north that has winding cobblestone streets and probably one of the best representations of African culture outside of Africa. we about to hit streets to feel the rhythms of music that are supposed to fill the air.

next onto lançios for some hiking...

hope all is well

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb