An Adventurous World- South America


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
October 14th 2019
Published: October 14th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Sugarloaf Mountain In RioSugarloaf Mountain In RioSugarloaf Mountain In Rio

Has Cable car rides
We are off traveling again! We are venturing on a trip across our fifth continent and 26th country which involves South America. Our trek will include (1.) Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, (2.) Buenos Aires Argentina, and (3.) Santiago, Chile.

From the world-famous beaches of Copacabana and Ipanema to the huge summit of Corcovado topped with the legendary Christ the Redeemer statue, Rio combines some big natural attractions with a sprawling metropolis that makes it one of the most visited destinations in the world. We understand that there will be a lot of Samba music playing endlessly around Rio. We could come back knowing how to Samba.There is a little concern regarding communication. About 80% of the people only speak Portuguese or Spanish. This could be an interesting challenge.



Buenos Aires has been a vacation destination for several years. Residents have been known to take their passions very seriously. You notice this when you see them listening to live music and those passions can become contagious. Cobbled streets and quaint cafes untouched since the 1940's are part of Buenos Aires's trademark time-warp look. Strolling through the streets paying attention to the architectural details in the buildings and grand French and Italian palaces will likely win you over. Even the low-key local barrios contain interesting architecture. The beauty of these neighborhoods is further enhanced by colorful murals painted by artists involved in the city's street art scene. Buenos Aires's famous tango dance is possibly the city's greatest contribution to the outside world. Forklore says this sensual dance began in bordellos when men waiting for their ladies passed time by dancing among themselves. Today, the tango shows and venues are entertaining with their athletic moves.



The booming Chilean capital of Santiago has many beautiful attractions – from sprawling markets to vast parks, and picturesque neighborhoods to world-class museums. It's a wonderful place for strolling, and each neighborhood has its unique flavor and tone. You can head out for day to take in the museums, charming markets, grand architecture and pedestrian malls of the Centro, before an afternoon picnic in one of the gorgeous hillside parks that punctuate the city's landscape. Nightlife takes off in the sidewalk eateries, cafes and beer halls of Barrios Brasil, Lastarria and Bellavista, while as you head east to well-heeled neighborhoods like Providencia and Las Condes, you'll find many great restaurants, bars and cafes. With the towering peaks of the Andes in the city’s background, the indigenous culture and many valleys boasting some of the world’s finest wine, there’s a whole host of reasons to travel to Santiago.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb