Landing and first impressions


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
September 27th 2006
Published: October 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

So, KLM lost my fucking bodyboard. The fucking fucks. They said they'd send it out the next day, but did they? No. Fucking fucks.

Landed in SP and immediately got introduced to the thrills of driving in Brazil. As far as I can make out, it's kinda like a computer game. Imagine that you get points for driving as fast as possible, and then braking as hard as possible in order to bring yourself to a stop. Points are awarded for changing direction at will without using the indicators, and also the horn is to be used liberally, especially in association with chronic impatience. If you are a taxi, double or even triple your points by overcharging your customers by the aforementioned multiples.

Sao Paulo is an intense experience - you get told the horror stories before and how to beware of street kids, etc. There is an awful lot of street trading - almost everyone is peddling wares (and some peddling warez) and prices are as flexible as a Slinky(tm). This coming weekend is election weekend, and added to the usual exploiters of capitalism are hordes of campaign workers and canvassers, and pictures of middle-aged white men with knowing expressions are everywhere around. The minimum wage in Brazil is R$350 a month, which is about EU150, so it's a relatively inexpensive venture to hire these guys to sit around all day handing out tickets and flyers and all that stuff.

Anyway - on to the important stuff. The chicks over here are almost all fit and curvy - I have never seen so many fit girls in all my life. Sweden was amazing last year but that was more of a beauty thing, and it was also getting cold at that stage so it was sometimes hard to gauge their figures. Outside our hotel in SP there were several 24 hour porn theatres, now that's what you want. Plenty of the lads peddling warez have porno movies too, I must buy one of them at some stage.

The best part? Rio is supposed to have even hotter women :-)

Photos later as the girls and Dad have 'em all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb