Sao Paulo


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
April 16th 2009
Published: April 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Another overnight bus brought us into Sao Paulo at 4.30am, we only planned to spend one night in Sao Paulo so bought tickets for the bus to Florianopolis for the next day.

We stayed at Lime Time hostel, a pretty cool hostel in what we felt was a safe part of town with its very own (very dirty) dog, Gringo. That evening we had 2-4-1 caipirinhas with some others from the hostel. We got along really well with some of the guys staying there, Patrick had just flown in from San Francisco, Rob from South Africa who had been travelling for a while and Daniel from Ecuador. We hit the city the next day, not really knowing much about what Sao Paulo had to offer and wary since a girl from the hostel had been held up at screwdriver point in the main square the day before for her camera! We figured safety in numbers.....

The coolest sights were the view from the top of the Santander Bank building, which overlooked the whole of the city. This really made us appreciate how big the city actually was!

The random street market, which sold anything and everything which led to a main food market with an amazing array of fruits, not to mention the stalls selling these awesome sandwiches filled with slices of ham, stacked at least 3 inches thick!!

We also visited the Stock Exchange building that had a viewing platform over the trading floor, its old school with pits and people shouting buy and sell orders! They seemed to be so distracted by Bec that it may have had some effect on the markets!

Given that we werent expecting a lot, we actually had a fantastic time in Sao Paulo!




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb