The Corinthians


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
March 22nd 2009
Published: April 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
So today I saw a Brazilian soccer game. The Corinthians V's Santos!! It was great. There were thousands of people. The line to get into the game was really long it went all the way down this hill... Then I realised that it turned and went back up too!! But we got inside just in time to see it game start 😊

There were huge fences seperating the different sections of the audience and also around the field. They had hundreds of cops too all standing along the fence and feild every few meters. The audience goes crazy, they are all so passionate for thier team. They have heaps of drums which they play throughout the game alone with all of their songs. It felt really amazing. In the half time they had cheer leaders doing their thing. Towards the end of the game I thought that it was actually really mellow, everyone had told me about all of the fights that happen between the fans. But as soon as the game ended (Corintians 1 x Santos 0) The Corintain fans (95% of the audience) all started singing how good they were and that Santos should go home... Man the Santos supporters started throwing bottles over the fence and screaming... Heaps of cops entered their section of the stadium and started beating them all.. It was going wild.. The cops were winning, but man it looked like it hurt. I was trying to felm it all.. The true turist 😊 Some of its pretty shacky.. At one point it looked like it had started in our section too, we all started running!

That's why we had to be carfull on the way to and from the game.. We didn't wear the Corinthians shirts until we got there and took it off before we left the stadium. Because otherwise people who go for other teams might bash you up on the street. Pretty scary stuff!!

Anyway, Gabe I tried to take some photos of Ronaldo (number 9) but he doesn´t play much, just kind of stands there, and was really far away.. He's just started playing again after two years off for a knee operation. He's still really good when he is given the ball, he just needs to be more fit.

So a friend aksed if we wanted to go to another game.. But this time it was between the two biggest teams.. Jules and I said no way.. The game we saw was with Santos, they are a smaller team and are a couple of hours drive from Sao Paulo so there audience was really small.. I don't even want to think what it the fights would be like with the two biggest teams both from the same city... It would go crazy!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb