Sao Paulo - Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
May 12th 2007
Published: June 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Now the first view I had of Sao Paulo at night from the airplane was a city that just didn´t end. It was massive. From the plane it was difficult to determine where the centre of the city actually was because there were massive clusters of sky scrapers everywhere. For those travellers who only venture to Rio here and Iguazu, this is nothing like the rest of Brazil, nothing like it.
It´s a pretty clean young and well organised city with the most efficient subway system I´ve ever seen. You have to wait less than a minute between trains and the lines are nice and close together. We arrived late and took an over-priced bus into the centre and stayed with the formula 1 hotel chain - was $10 reals more than a hostel - avoid them, they rip you off!

We looked around for a day or so and ate some awesome Japonese / chinese - best food we´d had for about a month in Chinatown, saw people setting up for concerts all around the city centre, the next day we saw on the TV that there were massive riots after the concerts and we were happy we left when we did. There is alot to see in Sao Paulo, but you had to donate alot of time to getting around. We had spent to long in Brazil and wanted to keep moving. The next day we were on a overnight bus to Iguazu to see the falls and then out to Argentina, finally.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb