sushi in brazil? you betcha!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
July 26th 2005
Published: July 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

check out the photos on the previous entry. those from liberdade are from after-sushi tonight. liberdade is the japantown of sao paulo. its full of good japanese restaurants, homeless people, cops, and trash flooding into the streets. check out the moon - its a half moon but by half i mean the bottom half. weird.

earlier today i got to meet laurent, the chef involved in botanique and also one of (if not THE) best chef in brazil. he is to brazilian cuisine what bobby flay is to american southwestern, except more, because he's the only chef in brazil that places value and refinement on traditional brazilian food and ingredients. and i get to read his cookbooks tomorrow!!!! more on that later.

i think there was just a bombing in sao paulo. just kidding. some big explosion though.

earlier earlier i got to experience the best of the brazilian medical system. hospital santa catarina. in and out in less than 1.5 hours, about 90 bucks to get my ears flushed out (yeah its gross). with only a student ID # too! efficiency for the wealthy, eh?

earlier than that, made lessons for tomorrow, wed, and thurs at the language institute. maybe i will finally speak some portugese.

2 minutes left of battery on the computer. awesome sushi with ricardo tonight and we talked about lula and his travels around south america and why chicago is the greatest american city and possibly one of the best on earth.

more tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb