Brazil March 2014


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » Campinas
April 3rd 2014
Published: June 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Dear Grace and Mag,

I don't really know where to start with Brazil...

I was so happy to see him again. At first I was nervous but probably more from excitement. We were just as we had ever been - really close and always laughing. The first few days were carnival so I met all his friends and got drunk with them. Really enjoyed the street parties, kind of reminded me of Spain. His family were lovely too. They couple of weekends we all played cards and had drinks at home which was nice because the language barrier between his mum and I didn't matter. I really wish I could have communicated with her more because we got on really well. And his sister is amazing we could talk quite a bit, enough to gang up on him for a joke sometimes so that was good :p His dad was fluent in English so helped everyone a lot with translations. We went to Catedral a couple times for drinks and dinner. It's a local place for them and really nice. One of my favourite places for drinks for sure!

Through the weekdays in the first couple of weeks he had to work so I was bored in a hotel for a while. At the time I didn't mind at all but looking back I think it was a bit of a waste, maybe I should have gone to a backpackers and met some people to travel with for a bit.

He had 2 weeks off for a holiday after so it was all good and we went for a trip around a few places. We flew South to Foz do Iguacu and the waterfalls there were by far the most breathtaking natural scene I have ever encountered. I would recommend going to see them to anyone. Also we spent a day in Argentina which just confirmed for me that I have not finished there... I have to go back. Especially as I have very good friends there. We visited a casino in Paraguay which had 'interesting' beer to say the least hehe and Itaipu Hydroelectric power station which was really impressive and you learned a lot on the tour too. We then flew up to Maceio for 'chill out beach' time. It was so relaxing in the sun, on the beach with warm water and white sand, nice food and a few caipirinhas! Perfect!

I loved going to the parks in Campinas where his home is for walks and wondering around the markets as I love fruit hehe. All the fruit there is so big and a huge variety. I felt like a kid in a sweet shop! The food overall was very rich and full of flavours. And if it wasn't to start with everyone added heaps of sugar and salt to things so it would soon be. Sometimes it was too rich and a little amount would be sufficient but most of the time it was very nice, especially the meat. The people of Brazil that I came across were all so welcoming and warm. When you are a friend of a friend of a friend you are like family. It's really nice to see everyone looking after their own.

Overall an incredible month, but once again it was time to leave him and again...not sure when I will see him next.

Back to Cairns to see friends and continue enjoying the tropics!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 357, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb