Welcome to Brazil!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio Grande do Sul » Porto Alegre
January 24th 2009
Published: March 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Porto Alegre at 11am and checked into the Marechal Hotel, only thing it had going for it was the all you can eat buffet next door!
Boucs and I walked around the shops, then got a bus to the Total Shopping Centre where we also walked around for a bit, saw lots of cool little funky boutique stores and had some coffee and a slice of cheese cake - nice!
Walked back into town via the soho area, then explored the little markets and fruit stalls. Visited the Museu de Arte do Rio Grande do Sul, which was a pretty cool art gallery.
Visited the Parque Farroupila which was a nice little park which also had a zoo, but was closed by the time Boucs and I got there.
We then grabbed a cab to Chamine da Usina to watch the sunset, and finally finished off in Na Brasa Churrascarria for our first Brazilian meat fest! Not sure what the better experience was, all the nice food laid out on the buffet, or watching all the dressed up prostitutes dine in this restaurant with their pimps!
Went back to the hostel for a little nap, before going out on the town to a club called Cafe Segrado - Welcome to Brazil.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Clubbing!Clubbing!
Clubbing!

BoucsĀ“s new bast mate


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb