The Beach II


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio Grande do Norte » Pipa
June 19th 2006
Published: June 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We didnt leave Jeri for another 2 days, after missing the bus we then found out that the reason people stay so long isnt purely the beauty of the place but the lack of actual buses out. So we stayed and enjoyed another few days of beach, watching the Brazil world cup game and having a lovely time.

After a bus journey along the beach then a couple of buses down the coast we reach Natal, from which Pipa is a fews hours. It was a hassle free journey and before we knew it it was 10am and we were sitting on the beach awaiting the England game at 4pm.

Pipa shares alot of similarities with Jeri, apart from the streets of sand are now cobbles and Pipa attracts a higher class of tourist especially in season, which luckily for us doesnt start til july so its very chilled out witha healthy crowd of travellers and surfers. The weather has been perfect everyday and so much hotter than Jeri, with this comes nightly heavy rain falls but that atleast cool the air down a little.

After nearly a week here our days have all merged into one, they involve getting a minibus to a secluded beach, called the dolphin beach but so far no sightings of any of them, and just playing in the huge waves in the warm sea. The surf along this coast is really good and all the 3 beaches here have the odd surfers. We did visit the main surf beach one day but the waves were the strongest ive seen and although the offers of surf leasons were tempting the option of drinking out of a coconut lying in the sun won, just.

As its quite quiet night times are very relaxed although we find ourselves at a local nightspot dancing to the finest 90s hip hop til the early hours.

We planned to leave here 2 days ago but surprisingly we missed the bus as ususal so thought a few days wont do any harm and with the england game tomorrow it seem a nice place to be right now.

Uh oh its 1-0 Mexico need to go. See here for some more photos of this lovely place

Pipi Photos


Advertisement



6th July 2006

Photo top right
I have a photo of europe that looks exactly the same as the one with the feet? Is this a sam edwards travelling staple? I really like your blog btw, you have a good writing style, a bit like terry tranoff, but with less chicks but more musical instruments...

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb