Dont go chasing waterfalls....


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
May 27th 2006
Published: May 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We wake up and leave the hotel, we have planned to go to Argentina for a few days before our flight, to enjoy some cheaper living and the famous Iguazu Falls. The falls are viewable from the Brazil side but its not as good and the Argentina side offers and entire natioanl park to wander around and several treks to many falls.

After a few sticky buses we arrive at the much talked about Hostel Inn, set out of town it has a huge pool and lounging area out the front and the foyer-reception-bar-games area is an airy open plan space with loads of sofas and a book exchange the size of a small library, later we find all books there are rubbish. Unfoirtunately the hostel is full, so after booking for Sunday we go next door which is a large campsite and negotaite a very good price for our own bungalow for 2 nights. As night falls we play guitar on the porch and the come over to the good hostel to enjoy a few beers and table tennis.

Arriving at the falls entrance confirms Argentinas status as a very westerniased country, its like arrive at Alton Towers. After paying to get in and getting some good advice about where to start we head out to do a day of the upper and lower trails. These walks take you passed all the amin waterfalls, and under them too. They really are an amazing site especially with the sun on the mist forming rainbows everywhere.
After completeing the main roots we relax and decide to return the naxt day to complete fiurther tarils and the granbd finale of The Devils Throat, the largest of all the falls which can be viewed from a platform which overhangs the edge.

After some amazing steak in Iguazu City we head back to camp to be kept awake late into the night by a live band and Universitry party on the doorstep of our home, possibly why we got the bungalow cheap, we had no eneergy to partake.

The next day we arrive at the park and head on a6km walk to a secret, well less popular, fall away from the main park. After an huge walk we arrive, its a verysecluded area and after a bit of walking about under the hammering water we take the long walk backl in the midday heat, its really humid aling the jugngle path too, the highlight being seeing some huge ants the size of dogs.

The devils throat lives up to expectations just seeing that amount of water fall into a huge hole looks and sounds unreal. Its been compared to what the end of the earth would look like if its flat and i think this sums it up quite well. We try to take it all in and end up getting hypnotises by its perpetual motion, an amazing sight.

We head back to the paradise hostel for a fantastice buffet, alot of table tennis and a film before calling it a day.

The next day we check out and decide to hang around all day before heading to Brazil to get our flight to Manaus. A lazy day around the pool is much need after a busy 6 weeks.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb