Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
May 6th 2011
Published: May 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After Rio we went to Iguazu falls. We spent 2 nights on the Brazilian side and two on the Argentinian. They're pretty damn impressive as waterfalls go and they go on for 3 km. The Brazil side is smaller but you can see them all from a distance and get better photos, especially for us as it was sunny so you get rainbows and butterflies and all that. On the Argentinian side you can get up close on walkways at the tops and bottoms, the power of them is pretty intense. You can also get a free boat ride to an island but it was closed when we were there and we were too tight to pay for the better boat ride. Other than seeing the falls we just went out for drinks in the evenings. Although Argentina is cheaper than Brazil it's not as cheap as people had made out. They've had crazy inflation so prices have doubled in the past year! Still you can get a bottle of wine in the supermarket for £1.50. Basically I've had to start talking about the economy to fill this up as there's not much else to say but when I get round to adding photos this'll be a bit more interesting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb