Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: June 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Next stop was Iguazu Falls, which started with another full day of traveling. Foz do Iguacu is a really cool small town in southern Brazil on the boarder of Argentina and Paraguay. Like Cusco, it is another really touristy city and another place where we had only budgeted a couple days. However, this worked out since two days of viewing the falls was more than enough.

It was recommended that you view the falls from both the Argentina and Brazil sides. In all, there are more than 275 waterfalls and some of the larger ones are up to 270 ft high. The first day we viewed the Argentina side which was cool because you get right up next to many of the falls and you also get a great view from the top of the largest falls called the ¨Devil´s Throat.¨ We went during the dry season but even so the amount of water that falls is amazing, especially when you are viewing them from the top. We also took a motorized raft that takes you under some of the falls, which was a bit crazy because you feel like the boat is going to sink.

From the Brazilian side, you get a nice panoramic view of the falls but you don´t get to experience the energy the way you do on the Argentina side. Regardless, the place is really beautiful and the falls are massive. It is certainly worth checking out for a couple of days if you are in South America.

We also went out to Brazilian BBQ called Churrasco, which is one of those all you can eat places that enables you to try a lot of different types of meat including chicken, different cuts of beef, lamb, pork, etc. They also serve chicken testicles, but I didn´t try it since it just seemed messed up to eat another animal´s balls! Besides the fact that it is just gross. Anyway, it was probably a preview of what is to come in Asia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb