Rio - Belo and more


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After arriving at the Bris airport at around 5am on Friday 4th and collecting our pass ports and some gear and we finally got on the plane direct to Sydney and then onto Santiago, that’s we thought. Some time after we sat on the plane we were informed we would be landing in Auckland NZ for a stop over of one hour. The trip to Auckland was fine. We all had to leave the plane for some reason for the 1 hour, unable to leave the air port. We are now ready for the big one, off we go, 13hrs later we arrived in Santiago, a 2 hr stop over or that’s what we thought, 6 hours later with no money because we were unable to use our card we are off again, only to be told we would be traveling via Sao Paulo to Rio. Finally we landed in Rio at around 2am. Total traveling time we estimate around 32 hrs.

We then have a bus trip for another 2 hrs to Teresopolis the official training center of Brazilian soccer. On arrival at 4am we had a meal. Our rooms were very nice, I reckon I slept in Renaldo’s bed! We slept until around mid day and then off to the ATMs to get cash at last (it worked!). This is Saturday 5th. While looking for the ATMs we found a market , beside the market was a small Futsal court guess what, our boys are now playing Futsal with the kids on the street, it was fantastic people every where all watching.

On Monday we then traveled 7hrs by bus to Belo Horizonte where we will stay for the next 4 days. The trip was very windy through beautiful mountainous country It is a huge city. The kids will be training solidly with Brazilian coaches. The complex where they train is humongus, like an institute of sport, every sport you can imagine. We had a tour of the club- heaps of pools and we saw an indoor clay tennis court for the first time. It’s all fascinating of course. Having trouble down loading photos, will work on it….more to come.


Advertisement



14th May 2007

Happy mothers day
Hi guys. Just wanted to say happy mothers day to mum and hope you guys are having a great time...... Andy and i went to a ball on saturday night- had a great time. no other news except it's getting very cold here. Keep ulpdating your blog i promise I'll check it!
21st May 2007

Oi! Oi! Oi!
G'day guys. Sounds like it's a real eye-opener over there. Keep up the good work Jord and looking forward to seeing the pictures soon -- one way or another!!!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb