Morro de Sao Paulo weekend


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Morro de São Paulo
October 20th 2009
Published: October 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I spent a weekend on an island, it was very nice. Morro de Sao Paulo was where all the foreigners used to go and have fun and relax... anyway, that place was packed with foreigners and brazilians not native to Salvador. Totally a tourist town with family owned restaurants and inns. One of the things that bothered me was the sand wasn't clean... I just expected places that tourists go to get their beaches cleaned better. There were some kids picking up trash, but...I especially didnt want to walk too far from the surf barefooted with all the junk on the sands. Anyhow, there were nice beaches, but we didn't have enough time to check then all out. There was a whole beach with the cliff that is made with clay...and you can take it off the cliff and put water on it to make it into mud and play with it. (well, we missed out on the mud beach, i think we were only a few meters away... it has a mud slide, etc) in the evening, we ate a really good fish meal from this local family restaurant in the alleyways of the beach, so it was good and cheap and the owner had just opened for four months and was most delighted to have 12 of us eat there. it was called Tio Jorge. and at night, we went to a night club, but they played bad pulsar music (i dont know, house music?) anyway, i just wanted some hip hop (none). and there were mostly older, sketchy men there. and there was a lot of people smoking.. gross...

Not many people smoke in Brazil. It's kinda like the States what you cannot smoke in restaurants and stuff like that. I only know how to appreciate all of this because of my experience in China. But, I'm thinking.. the States and Brazil are very religious places...is there a correlation with religiosity and smoking practices. China and those European countries with not many organized/institutionalized religious folks smoke a lot! I only speculated after my host mom told me that evangelicans dont smoke and drink because it's bad for the body...

I also have a pic of the mini-pizza i sometimes get as a snack here. sugarcane, and large avocados at the supermarket, i put a stick of carmex for comparison. and i went to a bbq, my host dad is at the grill...it was his friend's birthday.

A cruise ship dropped by this morning.. i think this is cruise season..


Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb