Shy La Falda


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
January 22nd 2013
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -31.08, -64.5

Sometimes the place you're at just does nothing for you. Not the hotel nor the town nor anything, actually. Nada. Such was La Falda. It's pretty, but a little dull after Cordoba.

But then we trotted up the street a ways looking for wifi and found friends, toboot. Albanian, I'll never remember her name, but she was such a bubbly little person we ate there even when we weren't very hungry just so we could hang out and talk. Sort of talk--the kind you do when you don't have much language but lots of giggling's going on anyway.

Casa Verde is the name and if you're in the area, it's on the way up Avenida Edén to the old historic Hotel Edén---just the right place to pause for an exceptional salad or cold drink.

There's not alot on the internet about La Falda. Between the better known cities of Carlos Paz and La Cumbre, La Falda gets lost. There probably aren't more than a handful of North Americans a year come here--and those probably by mistake.

But it's a mistake worth making. La Falda is a lovely, clean, flower be-decked village that is really very pleasant. A far cry from sweltering Cordoba, La Falda sits on the edge of the foothills and just looks pretty.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Grass!!Grass!!
Grass!!

Like La Cumbre, houses here have beautifully kept lawns--such a treat after concrete and more concrete of the city.
End One WayEnd One Way
End One Way

How they ever get End One Way out of that is something I'll never understand.
Our La Falda friendsOur La Falda friends
Our La Falda friends

A mother/daughter team run the excellent Casa Verde restaurant and cabinas--clean, absolutely delicious and super friendly. They made our visit such a pleasure.
The hills above La FaldaThe hills above La Falda
The hills above La Falda

We hired a car one afternoon and took a ride up the crazy bumpy dirt roads above the town.
Bob and our Albanian friendBob and our Albanian friend
Bob and our Albanian friend

Her restaurant had wifi so we spent alot of time there getting to know her and her daughter.


28th January 2013

It could be a house in Florida.
28th January 2013

It's that beautiful Spanish influence. They really knew their architecture. I love it.
29th January 2013

We would love to join you for lunch :)
29th January 2013

Sounds good---meet you at the airport!

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb