Day 28


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » Los Antiguos
February 14th 2011
Published: February 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After days of hiking and walking around I was ready for a change and so was Anna. In Bariloche there is a circuit that people do on mountain bikes. The circuit is around 27kms long and gives you a great variety of scenery from the area.

The night before Anna and I had meet a few other people and had arranged to do the circuit with them. So we meet at 9am and then waited around 45 minutes for one girl to finish getting ready. Don’t worry, enough said.

After getting the bus to the bike rental place we hired our mountain bikes. Solid brick mountain bikes, they weighed more than me, and I’m pretty heavy. And off we went. It was a hot day, and the sun beat down on us relentlessly. The ride however is worth every hot, sweaty and sometimes, painful, moment.

We took our time and stopped at all of the viewpoints to take photos and drink lots of water. We weren’t going to be fighting over toilet paper again. And after an enjoyable 4 hours we were back at the start.

500 metres from the bike rental store is Cerro Campanario from the top of which we where told to expect some fantastic views. Now at the beginning of the day we had thought of walking to the top of the mountain but after the ride we decided to take the chairlift to the top.

If you are ever in Bariloche, you have to go to the top of Cerro Campanario. The views are so beautiful. The lakes, the forests, the birds soaring through the air. All captured in the clearest air under a bright sun. No picture can do justice to the view.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb