Day 21


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » Los Antiguos
February 7th 2011
Published: February 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

People have the strangest of ‘comfort zones’. Some people will jump from aeroplanes, others will climb cliffs without a rope. Others find it difficult to make conversation with strangers. One of the great things about travelling is the opportunity to move outside of your comfort zone.

While we were travelling around China and Tibet, Anna and I both had to get used to lavatories that were outside of our comfort zones. Don’t worry I won’t go into the gory details. One of Anna’s other comfort zone issues was the idea of sleeping in a hostel, that is sharing a room with complete strangers.

Unfortunately for her the places we were going to were too expensive for us to even entertain the idea of having a private room, so she had to expand her comfort zone.

Needless to say, when it was time to leave Anna was happy to be out of a hostel for awhile and we jumped on a bus and headed towards Los Antiguos, where it is a whole lot cheaper and we were able to get a private room with a kitchen for just £30 per night.

The unfortunate thing about the bus trip
A small townA small townA small town

A small town we stopped at for a rest
is that it is long, long, long. Route 40 is notorious for being a bad road. Unpaved in most parts it has large craters in some areas and the conditions enforce a slow bumpy trip. Due to this we didn’t arrive until around 10pm. Unfortunately for us, the lady who was to show us in had gone home for the night, and for some stupid reason, if you want to call an Argentinean cell phone number from overseas you have to change various numbers. Don’t ask me why, it is bloody stupid. Anyway, my cell phone was dead, not that it mattered as the SIM card we had bought had no credit left of it. So it was up to Anna to try and call using her cell phone. Fortunately we weren’t the only ones checking in late that night and an Argentinean family turned up 15 minutes after us and phoned the lady for us using their cell phone.

So finally after an extremely long day, we were in our private room and had a wonderful sleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb