Los Antiguos, Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » Los Antiguos
October 10th 2010
Published: October 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Chile Chico is just 15km away from the Argentinian border. In order to escape the stereotypical South American Sunday when every business, store and restaurant is closed we went to the small town of Los Antiguos, just 10 minutes from the border. We had a small problem at the Argentinian border where the Chileans authorities forgot to stamp our passport indicating that we legally left Chile and were allowed to enter Argentina. That gave us a chance to stop at the actual border and take some pictures and be in two countires at the same time! Upon our arrival to Los Antiguos we waled around the town. Then we went on a long walk to reach the Lago Buenos Aires (Lago General Carrera in Chile). That's been one of the most beautiful sceneries I've seen so far. From the shore, you could see the lake reflect darkening shades of blues as it got further away until it reached the other side almost touching mountains with snow caps. After our walk back to town we enjoyed a nice Argentinian steak and home made ice cream.

Even though just a few kilometers from the border, Los Antiguos is a beautiful town that shows what Argentinian Patagonia is all about: beautiful nature and awesome food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb