Los cachorros


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » El Calafate
August 1st 2015
Published: August 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last non-travel day on the dialogue. How quickly it went! I can't believe it's over, and yet I still have a full month of traveling left before me!

We had two options for activities today. For those of us that wanted to spend about $150-175 and trek on Perito Moreno, which we drove by yesterday, they could do that and leave at about 11. The majority did this. For those of us (of which there 7, including me) that did not want to do that, we got to go help with the local dog shelter's adoption day. Which basically meant holding and playing with puppies and talking with locals who came to look at them. It was possibly the best afternoon I've ever had. 9 puppies, all wanting cuddles? Yes please.

Before getting to the adoption day, we went to a local bookstore/restaurant for lunch, and bought some treats for the dogs, and some food for the bake sale they were holding to make more money. Our professor is obsessed with dogs and calls them all "pretties." It was hilarious in particular because she always uses the same phrase, "oh hello look at you pretty!" I heard that probably about 15 times today.

On arriving to the adoption day, we helped them set up for half an hour, and then PUPPIES! Over the three hours they were there, 4 or 5 of them got adopted. Sadly, my friend Alfa did not, but she was still very cuddly and lovable. One German shepherd fell asleep in Jorge's arms and sat there for most of it. I traded dogs around and probably held 7 of the 9 at some point. It was so...joyful, one could almost say.

Although it was cold when we got back, I still went for one last run, because running in the cold is strangely satisfying. After that, dinner, of course. Because food is always good.

As we fly out tomorrow afternoon, this is our last night, so plenty of people are planning to go out and enjoy the city or the (very sad little) casino one more time. Tomorrow, we're back to Buenos Aires for between 10 and 24 hours, depending on when each of our respective groups leave (or, actually, a few days in one girl's case). And Monday, we all go our separate ways into the great big world!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb