Patagonian Adventure-PART VII-El Calafate


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Santa Cruz » El Calafate
January 15th 2007
Published: February 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Guanacos along the glacier river...Guanacos along the glacier river...Guanacos along the glacier river...

On our way to the glacier Perito Moreno
PART VII: El Calafate: January 15-16

After driving along a sinuous road to reach the Glacier Perito Moreno, we arrived at the site early morning to contemplate silently this gigantic ice creature. It was well-worth arriving before the tourists wave as we had a more "intimate" relationship with the glacier while observing it: we could hear every cracking and see every fall of the ice. I had the impression that the glacier was alive and got hyptonized by its colourful design and roaring noise.

The next day on January 16, we left Annetta and Scott at the Calafate airport for their return to Buenos Aires. After emotional goodbyes, we went back on the road to head North towards Mendoza in order to return the rented truck. This time, however, we will be taking the road along the East Coast of Argentina...we are strong enough to have survived route 40 but not that maniac to drive again through these hundreds kilometers of dirt road!

Next stop: Parque Nacional Monte Leon


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Glacier Perito MorenoGlacier Perito Moreno
Glacier Perito Moreno

This impressive glacier was literally a living creature...the sounds emanating from this ancient ice territory and the dazzling colours were hypnotizing..


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb